WEEK 25 3rd MARCH – 7th MARCH
We have started a very exciting EXHIBITION 2017, every student in 5S is very keen to get going, we are looking at HOW WE ORGANISE OURSELVES, our theme relates well to goes around us and what impact we can have in our local communities. We look forward to the process of learning new things and learn about ourselves as we go along.
On Monday we kicked off with an introduction to exhibition with photos from the previous year – ‘starting with the end in mind’
On Tuesday we looked at the Transdisciplinary Theme: How We Organise Ourselves and what this entails. We also had a visit from the grade 6 students who worked through the exhibition process last year. Our question session with grade 6 students focussed on:
- HOW you chose what you wanted to inquire into?
- WHY you chose it?
- WHAT you did as part of your Exhibition – where you went, what resources you used, who you spoke to etc.
Some further conversation had us reflecting on when we viewed the Grade 10 ‘Personal Project’ Exhibition. Our conversation focussed on
- What impressed us? What topics or projects most interested us?
- WHY? What did the student DO to help us to understand their issue?
- What resources did the student use? Think about people they talked to, places they went, online resources, library resources and others
- What did we think could have been done better?
As the students were so engrossed listening to the grade 6 students we followed up on this on Wednesday. We talked about what ‘stuck with us’, what we could use to help us in our own inquiries in the coming weeks.
On Thursday we looked at the ‘Sphere of Influence’. A Circle of Influence encompasses those concerns that we can do something about. They are concerns that we have some control over. As opposed to A Circle of Concern, the wide range of concerns we have, such as our health, our children, problems at work, the amount of government borrowing, or the threat of war.
In relation to making decisions regarding making a decision, we are encouraging the students to ‘keep it in mind, and keep open minded to all possibilities!’ We have all next week to explore before making a final decision.
Phew… what a productive week!