Friday 30th. Please answer the IB style question we put on the board and discussed the other day for which you have the hard copy title and markscheme. We discussed this and added extra info, which was not on the markscheme so think about and include all the other factors, which affect water scarcity and refer to examples throughout. Due next lesson.
January 29, 2015 · No Comments · Geography 12
Friday 30th – Go to Geographyalltheway – Global Interactions – Changing space shrinking world then click on ‘The internet’ Watch the video clips and read all info, then answer the IB style question at the end :-
Explain how and why one network, such as the Internet, has grown over time. [10 marks]
Due in next lesson.
January 29, 2015 · No Comments · Grade 9 Individuals and Societies
Work for Friday 30th Jan – Please make sure that you have finished and checked over your corporate gaffe. Then see if you can find 3 large corporations who have a poor reputation – this may be their impact on the environment, treatment of workers or exploitation of workers etc. List them and give a brief outline of what they did and a link to any video or article, which highlights their sins on a google doc.
January 29, 2015 · No Comments · Grade 10 Individuals and Societies
Today ( Friday 30th Jan ), you need to review the advantages and disadvantages of all the different renewable energy sources we have looked at. Make a table in googledocs for this. This will be good revision.
January 21, 2015 · No Comments · Geography 11
answer questions and sort slips
January 14, 2015 · No Comments · Geography 11
Go to geographyalltheway – Patterns and change – Patterns in resource consumption – Conservation strategies – National Strategies. This is all about water – watch the vids and read the articles about Australia. Then go through the notes we did from the videos and also do a little of your own research into how Australia saves water/water conservation strategies. Then answer the following question.
Evaluate a strategy at a local or national level aimed at reducing the consumption of one resource ( 15 )
This should be finished by the end of Monday’s lesson.
January 14, 2015 · No Comments · Grade 10 Individuals and Societies
I have shared this work with you on google docs too. Please get into pairs…try to work with someone you have not worked with before please.
We have discussed the problems of fossil fuels and global warming, and the need for alternative energies. We need to understand what alternate energy sources exist and how viable they are as a means of gathering energy.
How you are going to do it?
- You and your partner are to research an energy source/renewable resource and find relevant data, photographs, flowcharts, and other important information that you can gather about the source.
- You are to use a mixture of dialogue, visual representations, and written word to show your understanding of the topic.
- You must demonstrate that you understand the science behind the topic.
Part 1: Pick a renewable resource (one per group) Do make sure you are not all doing the same one.
You are to create a booklet/pamphlet discussing your alternative energy sources. This can be done digitally.
The following research questions must be integrated into the flipbook. You must included visuals, charts, data, that explains your answers.
- Part 1:
- What can this type of energy be used for?
- How is this type of energy/resource easily renewed?
- Where in the world id this energy source currently used? give an example
- What is the cost of using this energy/resource? (in Japan)
- Part 2:
- What are the positive aspects of using this type of energy?
- Part 3:
- What are the negative aspects of using this type of energy?
- Part 4:
- What is the science behind this resource/type of energy?
- How is the energy gathered and/or created?
- How is the energy stored for later use?
- What are the waste by-products of this form of resource/energy?
- Currently, what is keeping this form of energy from widespread use?
- Part 5:
- Is this a feasible/suitable energy source for Japan? Is it being used anywhere in Japan? Consider climate, availability, potential energy production etc.
The work is due at the end of the lesson Friday 23rd January.
January 13, 2015 · No Comments · Grade 9 Individuals and Societies
This is what you will work on during the next 3 lessons. It is due to be completed by the end of your lesson Wednesday 21st January.
Please re watch the video ‘ Supply chain management’ ( link below ). Follow the instructions carefully and make sure your work is neat and tidy. Lucy will hand out your coloured paper and maps, which are at the back of the room on top of the book case. You will need glue and scissors so get them from the drawers and make sure you put them back when you are finished with them, and that the glue top is closed fully. At the end of each lesson please place your work back on the top of the book case neatly.
This is your assignment:-
Part 1: Annotated Map
Choose one product with a minimum number of components ( eg: a specific sneaker model, chocolate, a lipstick, chopsticks, etc.) and create an annotated map showing where the material used in the product is from, where the parts were made and where it was assembled. Annotations must be 10-15 words, explaining WHAT the part is and HOW it is produced. Minimum of 12 annotations should be included and all annotations should be cited.
Your map must include:
- The company headquarters
- at least 3 raw materials
- at least two assembly factories
- At least two distribution centers
- At least 4 transportation routes
- A key
- A title
-Your map must include, color, a title and a key
-ComicLife can be used or you can hand write the annotations.
-sourcemap.com is a good starting point
Useful links product cycle – supply chain management
November 28, 2014 · No Comments · Grade 9 Individuals and Societies
Please read this doc.
1. You must choose 1 leader ( spiritual or political leader )
2. Start gathering information/sources on this leader. You may collect as many as you want and then select 5 of the best sources regarding this leader ( 1 paragraph each – no more than 12 lines) . Two of the written sources should be pro and two anti. You can even have 1 which is neutral.
Sources must be from 4 different authors and origins
1 Visual source is needed = An political cartoon or photo. The cartoon is best as it says so much more than a photo…more useful for the essay you will have to write.
November 26, 2014 · No Comments · Geography 11
Please illustrate using labels/annotations on a poster or other presentation medium
1. What the Greenhouse effect is
2. The causes of the Greenhouses gases
3. How does the Greenhouse effect cause global warming
Due on Monday 1st Dec