You are working on graphing results. At the end of the lesson you should have your gradient graph and wave height graph done( this can be done using a computer) Homework is to sort and choose the photos you will use when you show landforms and mitigation in your analysis.
10 D if you need extra graph paper ask Trey. 10 A ask Andrew.
Friday’s cover lesson
Read this Guardian article
Read Nagle and Cooke p. 430-2
In groups, create 3 diagrams explaining the feedback loops of the following. Make sure to use proper vocabulary. Sarah please give each pair a sheet of A3 recycled paper to draw on. You should be able to get 3 diagrams on the sheet.
- solar radiation variations, including global dimming due to volcanic eruptions
- terrestrial albedo changes and feedback loops
- methane gas release and feedback loops
Please read this Causes of climate change and all about arctic climate change
The energy of the earth video
None like it hot
Causes of Global Climate Change video
Causes human and natural Make a simple spider diagram of these notes to help with revision.
You should have completed all of the above by next lesson.
You were asked to find a recent political cartoon from the news.
- You should print it out on an A3 sheet (with plenty of room around it for annotations the image ) and annotate using OPPVL.
- Remember you should use the worksheet , as a checklist to make sure you cover everything in your analysis.
- State what you think the overall message of the cartoon is.
- Once you have finished annotating your cartoon please scan it and add this links on this page
- You will have 2 minutes to present this to this class next lesson so make sure you are prepared and check over once again that you’ve covered everything. Note! If you don’t want to stand in front of the class it’s OK to sit at your desk and address your cartoon projected on the screen as the cable is long enough to reach all desks.
- Both 9A & 9D will present their cartoons next Monday 19th Nov ( There is no lesson this Thurs due to tech days)
When you have finished you will do a reflection about the skills you think you are focusing on and developing. See this doc Google doc where students have identified some obvious ATLs for this unit.
Today we will look at how we analyse information to help us get a clearer idea of history and to realise many things need to be considered when we look at sources of information from or about the past
We will look at different types of sources we can use and how we can analyse these sources
see this doc
Today we will start the second core unit Global climate – vulnerability and resilience
The first sub unit is 1.Causes of Global climate change – see this doc
Part 1 – Reflection on last assignment
- Look at the PDF that outlines the ATLs.
- Pick 2 specific skills from each of the different skill clusters that you feel you developed while working on this assignment.
- Post a video explaining how you developed each skill, providing evidence from your process and/or product.
E.g. Skill 1: The first skill I’d like to talk about is from the Thinking Skills cluster, specifically, Developing Arguments under Critical Thinking Skills. I feel I developed this through…evidence…etc.
You could use flipgrid to do this and link it to your ATL portfolio. If you don’t want to do a video then simply reflect on your ATL portfolio.
Part 2 – Intro to History
- Choose Three History Bites episodes from the list here, which you can then find here and watch.
You need to note the techniques they’re using to present the history in a fun and interesting way, as well as how they see aspects of social history which we will be looking at in class. Again you can do this on flipgrid or notes.
Please go to this doc and scroll down to see the work for today and for homework. This should all be finished by next class ( Wed Nov 7th) so please get on with it in class.
This is our fieldwork
The first part is due Tues Nov 13 th
Second part due Fri Dec 7th
Extreme examples of gender inequality
Where’s the best place to be a woman?
Gender girls rising
Importance of women
The girl effect
Education of women
Look at the article in Planet Geog page 34 on importance of educating women…relate to India’s development
With reference to an anti natal policy you have studied evaluate it’s success. (10) – Due Mon, Oct 29th.
Some of you may have already done this if you missed if youwere here last week and have notes on our extensive class discussions about the China’s Anti Natal Policy. Please share with someone who was away with Sports or other commitment.
Before you answer this make sure you have read this doc carefully and follow instructions to read docs and watch videos regarding the China Anti natal policy
You should also make sure you have read the information and done the work on Demographic Dividend which is also on the bottom of the doc.