Please add your name and link to your presentation on this doc. This will be presented on Monday 5th so make sure it is complete and linked.
Today we looked at how historical events are related to us differently according to what what perspective it is being viewed from. We will be focusing on social history and this is your next assessment – Due Tuesday 13th June.
You will complete your tourism project and hand in by Friday 26th May. make sure it is checked and printed double sided
This week we will work on Hyp 3. It should be completed for homework this weekend.
Your homework for the weekend is to research articles, videos etc about the perceived benefits and disadvantages/drawbacks of the upcoming Tokyo Olympics 2020. Here is the link to your study guide to help you
Large sporting events
Major sporting events have always had their share of controversy
Watch these videos of some events, which have been very controversial
In groups, you will create a short presentation describing a controversy surrounding an upcoming major sporting event.
Create a 5 (max) minute PowerPoint presentation (10 slides max) describing:
- The reason your city wanted to host the event
- The benefits of hosting the event
- The drawbacks of hosting the event
- The main lines of the controversy
- The slides may not contain more than 5 words each. They should be used solely as visual aids and prompts, not essay pages.
- You may not read from a piece of paper or laptop either. All information must be in your own words.
- Be ready to answer questions from your peers.
Possible Topics :-
Any past Olympics or world cup.
Add your links to this doc
We will be working on Hyp 2 this week. You should have the analysis completed by Mon May 1.