You will be given an OS map to conduct a feasibility study and produce an energy proposal for the map’s area. State what types of renewable energy would be suitable for the region, or what mix of these could be used, and the site where these could be employed.
You will create a hand drawn, annotated map on poster paper.
Your maps must include:
- Scale (cannot be the same as on your map)
- Grid reference
- Land use
- Elevation where relevant
- Main physical features
- Reference to map evidence
- Information on the region
- Energy usage
- Climate and meteorological trends
- Economic activities
- Handwritten annotations of site for each type of renewable energy usage with:
- Type of energy you suggest
- Physical features that guided your decision
- Short explanation of your decision
- Expected energy production
- Statistics to support your choice
- Graphs if necessary
- Any other relevant information that can support your answer.
TSC C & D Due Friday 20th April.