Alternative Energy proposals with map:-
You will be given an OS map to conduct a feasibility study and produce an energy proposal for the map’s area. State what types of renewable energy would be suitable for the region, or what mix of these could be used, and the site where these could be employed.
You will create a hand drawn, annotated map on poster paper.
Your maps must include:
- Scale. You must redraw your maps to fit onto your poster paper and leave enough room around the edges for annotations key etc. The scale cannot be the same as on your map.
- Grid reference
- Land use
- Elevation where relevant
- Main physical features
- Reference to map evidence
- Information on the region
- Energy usage
- Climate and meteorological trends
- Economic activities
- Handwritten annotations of site for each type of renewable energy usage with:
- Type of energy
- Expected energy production
- Statistics to support your choice
- Short explanation of your decision
- Graphs if necessary
- Physical features that guided your decision
- Any other relevant information that can support your answer.
- Make sure you have created a google doc entitled Research Log as this will be used to assess criteria B. Use Diigo to bookmark and also to help with your Bibiliography.
TSC B, C & D – Due Monday April 15th (Things to consider)
Renewable energy: Benefits, drawbacks, cost, climatic conditions
Economic activity: resources, needs, externalities
Demographics: Education, birth rates, life expectancy (PPT)
Environment: Biodiversity, cultural heritage, pollution
Politics: Government type and power, history
TSC B, C & D Due 18th April except for AISA footballers and their’s is due 22nd.