Today we will start Oceans and coastal margins
We looked at the disparities in exposure to climate change before the holidays. Now we will move on to look at what is being done to deal with it – (adaption and mitigation)
See overall doc – part 2.
Please answer one of the following questions. Write a plain English translation of the question underneath it. Define key words and write thesis in the intro ( this is stating what you will cover ). The intro should not have any facts or figures in it. It should be brief and too the point.
Make sure you understand the command term – refer to the terms I shared with you from the IB. Please read glossary of terms and learn what they mean as you will be asked to answer questions using them in all the exams.
Make a plan of the essay and make sure you use paragraphs. Get to the point using plain, clear and concise English. Make sure you use subject appropriate terminology.
Read over and edit work then give it the parent test before you hand it in next Tuesday 11th.
1.“Climate change will kill people.” To what extent do you agree with this statement? (10)
2. Global climate change will eventually become the main reason for human migration. Discuss. (10)
3. “The consequences of Global Climate Change will primarily impact low income countries” To what extent do you agree with this statement? (10)
4. Evaluate the consequences of Global Climate Change on the biosphere. (10)
5. Using one or more named examples, examine the impact of climate change on the human population. (10)
Make sure you have completed your notes on – Effects on The Biosphere – Using Geographyalltheway this and Geopods (If you see a useful map/ image etc screenshot it and add to your notes or mindmup) Also watch this, which I have just tagged
Changes in the Biosphere
- spatial changes in biomes, habitats and animal migration patterns
- Plant migration
- changes in animal migration
- resistance of insects, pest and disease
- changes to agriculture, including crop yields, limits of cultivation, soil erosion
- Explain the changing trends
- Importance of soil
- Emergence of new arable land
Answer this question = State and explain one change to agriculture caused by global climate change. [1 + 2]
Then make notes on:-
Changes in the Atmosphere
Climate change & …. incidence and severity of extreme weather events, including drought
- Incidence and severity of extreme weather events, including drought
- Explain the causes of increased weather events like hurricanes, floods and droughts
- Explain the increasing severity
WE WILL LOOK AT Changes on people and places next lesson
Please see this doc for homework
Friday’s cover lesson
Read this Guardian article
Read Nagle and Cooke p. 430-2
In groups, create 3 diagrams explaining the feedback loops of the following. Make sure to use proper vocabulary. Sarah please give each pair a sheet of A3 recycled paper to draw on. You should be able to get 3 diagrams on the sheet.
- solar radiation variations, including global dimming due to volcanic eruptions
- terrestrial albedo changes and feedback loops
- methane gas release and feedback loops
The energy of the earth video
Causes human and natural Make a simple spider diagram of these notes to help with revision.
You should have completed all of the above by next lesson.
Today we will start the second core unit Global climate – vulnerability and resilience
The first sub unit is 1.Causes of Global climate change – see this doc
Please go to this doc and scroll down to see the work for today and for homework. This should all be finished by next class ( Wed Nov 7th) so please get on with it in class.
With reference to an anti natal policy you have studied evaluate it’s success. (10) – Due Mon, Oct 29th.
Some of you may have already done this if you missed if youwere here last week and have notes on our extensive class discussions about the China’s Anti Natal Policy. Please share with someone who was away with Sports or other commitment.
Before you answer this make sure you have read this doc carefully and follow instructions to read docs and watch videos regarding the China Anti natal policy
You should also make sure you have read the information and done the work on Demographic Dividend which is also on the bottom of the doc.