see this doc
DISORDERS – Causes, treatments and stigma
Create a short presentation on your disorder. (3 mins max as an individual or 5 mins max as a couple) It should be informative and cover :-
- Stigma – various issues facing people with the disorder.
- Named case studies and academic research
- Treatment options – can it be cured or just treated? Are there multiple options for treatment – best options, new options – how do the Japanese deal with it?
- Where relevant, information about Japanese organizations helping people with the disorder
Due = May 2nd – 10D and April 28th – 10B
10 – D I am away today so you will have a cover teacher. Please read over the information I gave you yesterday. See this doc and make a start on the poster. Choose a disorder and research. I will check you have decided on a disorder and made a start when we meet next lesson – Thursday.
Due Friday 14th April 10-B, Mon 17th April 10-D
see this doc
Please make sure you complete your maps for the first day back and also do some research for your proposal. Have a nice break!
You will be given an OS map to conduct a feasibility study and produce an energy proposal for the map’s area. State what types of renewable energy would be suitable for the region, or what mix of these could be used, and the site where these could be employed.
You will create a hand drawn, annotated map on poster paper.
Your maps must include:
- Scale (cannot be the same as on your map)
- Grid reference
- Land use
- Elevation where relevant
- Main physical features
- Reference to map evidence
- Information on the region
- Energy usage
- Climate and meteorological trends
- Economic activities
- Handwritten annotations of site for each type of renewable energy usage with:
- Type of energy
- Expected energy production
- Statistics to support your choice
- Short explanation of your decision
- Graphs if necessary
- Physical features that guided your decision
- Any other relevant information that can support your answer.
TSC C & D Due Monday April 3rd
We will recap on the energy sources you have covered in science..and go over there pre-requisites. Powerpoint on alternative energy
Individuals and Societies 10
Statement of Inquiry:
“In order to create a more sustainable community, we must be innovators.”
Working towards sustainability
How you could save energy in your home? It has to have a practical application?
How will you implement the ideas – get family on board/ make them do it?
2. Can you do anything else which will make your household more sustainable? reducing use of other resources.
3.Can you take your ideas to the wider community?
Think about conservation, recycling, reduction, reuse, substitution
This is a presentation..to be completed individually – maximum 5 minutes long. Be creative!!
Due Thurs Feb 2nd- 2017.
Sustainability and resources – our environment and planet
See this doc on ecological footprint
TED talk plastic saving