Please add your name and link to your presentation on this doc. This will be presented on Monday 5th so make sure it is complete and linked.
We will now look at human rights – This is your assessment
DISORDERS – Causes, treatments and stigma
Create a short presentation on your disorder. (3 mins max as an individual or 5 mins max as a couple) It should be informative and cover :-
- Stigma – various issues facing people with the disorder.
- Named case studies and academic research
- Treatment options – can it be cured or just treated? Are there multiple options for treatment – best options, new options – how do the Japanese deal with it?
- Where relevant, information about Japanese organizations helping people with the disorder
Due = May 2nd – 10D and April 28th – 10B – Links to presentations
10 – D I am away today so you will have a cover teacher. Please read over the information I gave you yesterday. See this doc and make a start on the poster. Choose a disorder and research. I will check you have decided on a disorder and made a start when we meet next lesson – Thursday.
Due Friday 14th April 10-B, Mon 17th April 10-D
Please make sure you complete your maps for the first day back and also do some research for your proposal. Have a nice break!
You will be given an OS map to conduct a feasibility study and produce an energy proposal for the map’s area. State what types of renewable energy would be suitable for the region, or what mix of these could be used, and the site where these could be employed.
You will create a hand drawn, annotated map on poster paper.
Your maps must include:
- Scale (cannot be the same as on your map)
- Grid reference
- Land use
- Elevation where relevant
- Main physical features
- Reference to map evidence
- Information on the region
- Energy usage
- Climate and meteorological trends
- Economic activities
- Handwritten annotations of site for each type of renewable energy usage with:
- Type of energy
- Expected energy production
- Statistics to support your choice
- Short explanation of your decision
- Graphs if necessary
- Physical features that guided your decision
- Any other relevant information that can support your answer.
TSC C & D Due Monday April 3rd