You should be updating this regularly so please do so now. You had a lot of feedback on the last assignment ( music and memory) and have just been given peer feedback on your Alternative energy presentations. so update reflections for both. Links to your folios are below:-
Here are the ATLs – Skills we will be focusing on developing. Please create a portfolio where you can track your skill development over the course of the year and add reflections
What did you do well and and what presentation skills might you focus on in future presentations? write a short comment on here
LINKS TO ALL YOUR DOCS
Links to your sources – This should be a single or double sided A4 page, which you need to print out and bring on Monday
Links to your essay plan-This should be a 1 sided A4 page only – bullet point notes – not a pre-written essay.
Link to your planning document – which you started at the beginning of this task
Add to the relevant class doc below:-
By this weekend you should all have a well focused research question and must start researching about your chosen person or group over the weekend. Next week you will be using the 3 double lessons to research further and choose your sources. You will also create a 1 page plan for your essay
Today we will discuss our cartoons and move on to choosing a topic and title for your social history essay, which is evidence or data based. See the essay instructions
You were asked to find a recent political cartoon from the news.
- You should print it out on an A3 sheet (with plenty of room around it for annotations the image ) and annotate using OPPVL.
- Remember you should use the worksheet , as a checklist to make sure you cover everything in your analysis.
- State what you think the overall message of the cartoon is.
- Once you have finished annotating your cartoon please scan it and add this links on this page
- You will have 2 minutes to present this to this class next lesson so make sure you are prepared and check over once again that you’ve covered everything. Note! If you don’t want to stand in front of the class it’s OK to sit at your desk and address your cartoon projected on the screen as the cable is long enough to reach all desks.
- Both 9A & 9D will present their cartoons next Monday 19th Nov ( There is no lesson this Thurs due to tech days)
When you have finished you will do a reflection about the skills you think you are focusing on and developing. See this doc Google doc where students have identified some obvious ATLs for this unit.
Today we will look at how we analyse information to help us get a clearer idea of history and to realise many things need to be considered when we look at sources of information from or about the past
We will look at different types of sources we can use and how we can analyse these sources
see this doc
Part 1 – Reflection on last assignment
- Look at the PDF that outlines the ATLs.
- Pick 2 specific skills from each of the different skill clusters that you feel you developed while working on this assignment.
- Post a video explaining how you developed each skill, providing evidence from your process and/or product.
E.g. Skill 1: The first skill I’d like to talk about is from the Thinking Skills cluster, specifically, Developing Arguments under Critical Thinking Skills. I feel I developed this through…evidence…etc.
You could use flipgrid to do this and link it to your ATL portfolio. If you don’t want to do a video then simply reflect on your ATL portfolio.
Part 2 – Intro to History
- Choose Three History Bites episodes from the list here, which you can then find here and watch.
You need to note the techniques they’re using to present the history in a fun and interesting way, as well as how they see aspects of social history which we will be looking at in class. Again you can do this on flipgrid or notes.
This week we will look at the results and start part 2 of the write up…the Analysis etc
9A see Part 2 of this doc
9D see Part 2 of this doc
You will work on this this week and it is due after the break.
9A is due Tues 30th October at the end of the lesson and PD is due Wed 31st October at the end of the lesson.