IB GEOGRAPHY COURSE OUTLINE
Part 2: Optional themes (SL/HL) – Content is examined in Paper 2 in the I.B Geography examination
Two optional themes are required at SL.
Three optional themes are required at HL.
We cover three optional themes:-
• Hazards and disasters—risk assessment and response
• The geography of food and health
• Freshwater—issues and conflicts
Part 3: HL extension—global interactions (HL only) There are seven compulsory topics in the HL extension. Content is examined in Paper 3 in the I.B Geography examination
1. Measuring global interactions
2. Changing space—the shrinking world
3. Economic interactions and flows
4. Environmental change
5. Sociocultural exchanges
6. Political outcomes
7. Global interactions at the local level