- This is a series of seven videos that covers the structures and naming of all the standard level compounds that you need. View each video and take notes.
- Make a summary of the different types of functional group and how to name them. This could take the form of a table. Below is an example of a summary table prepared for another course. Check the syllabus to make sure you include all the different types of compounds required by the IB. HL has extra compounds mentioned in 20.1.1 and 20.1.2 of the syllabus.
- Try these problems once you have learnt the different functional groups.
- Need more practice? This is a page with links to multiple sources for naming practice.
- Past paper multiple choice practice