Hello grade 7C!
As you know, I’m at the Chiku Centre but that doesn’t mean you get to miss out on work. Here is was you need to do. I’ll be back by period 2 to check up on you! 🙂
The Periodic Table of Elements
Make sure you are logged in to BrainPop using the nine dots on the top right corner of your gmail.
- If you didn’t finish the activity from yesterday, using your headphones, watch the video again and finish the sheet. (You can handwrite the rest of the answers on it).
- Take the classic quiz for Periodic Table of Elements video. You need to get at least 8/10 before moving to the next step! I will check your result!
In this activity, you are going to use the simulation found here. You are going to work with a partner. you might like to have the simulation open on one computer and use your iPads to access the google doc through your google classroom app.
- Click on the simulation below and then click on atom.
- Play with the simulation. Try dragging protons, neutrons and electrons into the atom and see what happens.
In the Google Classroom, there is an activity for you called Investigating Atoms.
- Open the Investigating Atoms doc on your iPad, through Google Classroom.
- On the simulation, make sure all three boxes under Show are ticked.
- You are aiming to build neutral atoms that are stable. They should look like this example for Helium.
- Complete the table on the google doc. The first row is for Helium and I’ve filled it in for you from the picture above.
- Follow the rest of the instructions on the google doc.