Shared by Dennis and Kazuko Stanworth
– 25 grams Bittersweet chocolate
– 125 grams Butter
– 3 Egg yolks
– 50 grams Plain flour
– 3 Egg whites
– 125 grams Granulated sugar
1. Mix ingredients A (chocolate and butter) and place over boiling water to melt.
2. Remove from the pan and add the egg yolks one by one. Mix well.
3. Make meringue with Ingredients B – beat egg whites and sugar until fluffy and firm.
4. Add half meringue to (2) above. Mix and add remaining meringue.
5. Add sifted plain flour and put batter in 21 cm round cake pan.
6. Heat the oven to 230°. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Open the oven door and reduce the temperature to 150°. Bake for another 17 minutes.
7. Cool the cake and sprinkle powdered sugar on top.