Shared by Audrey Brown
Perfect for a special, festive meal.
– Fresh oysters (any amount, but one package, about 1/2 cup works well for a small portion)
– Whole milk (enough to cover oysters about 2-4X)
– Cream (optional, only if a richer taste is desired, about 1/4 the amount of milk used)
– Butter (enough to sautee and to taste, about 1 tab)
– Salt and Pepper (to taste, if desired)
1. Rinse oysters well and chop.
2. Sautee oysters in the bottom of a soup pan with the butter.
3. Add milk.
4. Add cream (if desired).
5. Add pepper and salt (to taste).
6. Heat, but don’t let the milk boil.