Shared by Damien Pitter
– 1 head of cauliflower
– 2 potatoes
– 1 chicken bouillon cube
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 1 tbsp butter
* Must have blender for this recipe
1. Cut up a head of cauliflower.
2. Peel and chop up 2 potatoes.
3. Boil the cauliflower and potatoes with one chicken bouillon cube until the vegetables are soft. Note: It is better to use too little water and add more than to add too much water and to have to pour some off at the end. This is because you are pouring off nutrients and flavour with the water.
4. Place cauliflower, potatoes and water into blender. Liquify. This will be the consistency of your soup — like a watery milkshake.
5. Melt a tablespoon of butter in the bottom of your soup pot. Add 3 cloves of chopped garlic. Let that sizzle for a minute.
6. Pour the contents of the blender back into the pot.
7. Mix and cook for 5 more minutes.
8. Add salt or seasoning salt to taste.
As a variation, you can add a spoon of curry powder for a slightly different flavour. This soup can be made with broccoli.