Shared by Jack Snowball
– 1 kg of butternut pumpkin
– 1 tablespoon of rosemary
– 1 tablespoon of thyme
– ½ onion
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1 teaspoon of chili (Or to you liking)
– 1 litre of vegetable stock
– Salt and pepper to your liking
– Optional: Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Combine the pumpkin rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper along with some olive oil into a pan suitable for oven use. Cook for 30 minutes, or until soft.
2. Dice onion and garlic, then place into a large pot and cook until golden brown. Add chili.
3. Now add the pumpkin and stock to the mixture and cook for 10 minutes or so. Take off the heat and allow to cool a bit before blending the mixture.
4. Add cream if you want.
If you want a thicker soup, only use ½ L of stock or so.