Shared by Jack Snowball
– 9 cups of water
– 600 grams of chicken bones (or pork, beef, or fish)
– 2 stalks of celery, chopped.
– 2 onions, quartered
– 2 coriander roots, chopped
– 3 Kaffir lime leaves
– 1 tablespoon of ginger, chopped
1. Place all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Keep it boiling for several minutes, then simmer. Skim fat from the surface.
2. Cover and simmer for an hour.
3. Strain the soup through a fine sieve. The aim is to get as clear a stock as possible.
4. Refrigerate, and then skim the surface for fat again.