Shared by the family of Emma Jannelli (Class of 2017) and Chloe Jannelli (Class of 2020)
Ingredients for 4 sandwiches
– Round rustic bread loaf or baguettes
– Tomatoes, cored and thinly sliced crosswise
– Red onion
– Little green peppers
– Artichoke hearts,
– Tuna or anchovies
– Hard boiled eggs
– Black olives,
– Olive oil,
1. Slice the bread horizontally into 2 pieces. Tear out some of the soft bread in the center of each side, making a slight well in the bread.
2. Place the tuna, green pepper, red onion, hard-boiled eggs, olives, basilic and tomato on the bottom side of the bread in that order.
3. Drizzle the oil with salt and pepper over the vegetables, top with the second piece of bread, and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours before serving.