Ingredients (Serves 2-3):
– 2 steaks or chicken breasts
– 1 onion
– 1 bell pepper
– 4 mushrooms
– 1 teaspoon of cooking oil for frying
– shop bought flour tortillas
– 1 tablespoon of cajun spice
– juice of 1 lime or lemon
1. Cut the chicken or steak into bite-sized pieces.
2. Cut the pepper and onion into similar sized slices.
3. Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan.
5. Add the meat (either chicken or steak) and brown for about 10 minutes.
6. Add the peppers, onions and mushrooms continue stirring until well mixed.
7. Add the cajun spice and stir well.
8. Add 100 ml of water and simmer for another 10-15 min stirring occasionally.
9. Add the lemon or lime juice and cook for another few minutes.
10. Heat the flour tortillas as per packet instructions.
11. Before serving check the meat is cooked through (as cooking time varies dependent on size of pieces).
12. Serve with salsa, sour cream and grated cheese.