We are happy to announce the 1st Annual YIS Staff & Parent Art Exhibition 2012-13.
As YIS parents, you are invited and welcome to make and exhibit your own artwork — any type of visual work that you have created yourself: drawing, painting, photography, graphic design, sculpture, digital media, illustration, video, craft, ceramics, fiber work, performance, printmaking, clothing/textile design, and more. Please know that your artwork may be displayed For Sale (artist’s choice) with proceeds going to the YIS One Yen Drive charity.
Friday April 26 – Friday May 3 in the YIS Library
Wine & Cheese & Live Music Opening Night
4-6pm – Friday April 26 – All adults & children are welcome to attend
Information for participating artists:
Hang/install your own artwork in the library between 8am Thursday April 25 – 4pm Friday April 26
- Hung artwork should have a wire or hook on the back.
- Work-on-paper and photographs should be matted, framed, or in some way mounted.
- Wall-hanging space is limited, though there is adequate shelf-top space; we’ve got some small easels (bring your own if you have one).
- Your flexibility appreciated: # of artworks per person limited to 2 or 3, depending on the size (if it’s a particularly large piece, then perhaps only 1).
- Thank you for understanding — our goal is to include as many people as possible.
Please don’t hesitate to ask questions.
We are looking forward to a superb inaugural exhibition!
Aaron Reed – Art teacher – email@example.com
Rita Kar – Head librarian – firstname.lastname@example.org
Leanne Erickson – Head of Arts Department – email@example.com