Wednesday March 6th is World Read Aloud Day, and the kick-off for our book swap.
Take a look through your home libraries and bring in good quality books your child is no longer reading. Starting tomorrow and through March 19th, we will be collecting books in the library for a book swap on March 20th, during Student-Led Conferences.
Here’s all you need to do:
- Find books your children are no longer reading, but are good quality that someone else might like.
- Bring them to the library starting Wednesday, March 6th. You can bring them in until March 19th.
- Sign your name and how many books your brought (all near the library counter)
- Make a donation to Room to Read if you can. Please give the donation to Ms. Kar or Ms. Jalink in the library.
- Come back to the library on March 20th, parent-teacher conference day, and find some books you and your child would like to have at home. They’re yours!
It’s a good way to give books to others and get some new ones. We are also hoping to raise money for Room to Read.
Ms Blum and Elementary Students
(image courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/anna/3335867958/lightbox/)
SAVE the DATE!! Thursday, November 03, 2011
The first parent event is “Coffee and Conversation with ES Principal, VP and Head of Academics“.
Time: 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Parents are warmly invited to join Ms. Pender, Ms. Catasti and Mr. Stanworth for an informal get-together over coffee and pastries in the Cafeteria. They will briefly discuss recent developments at school, with a focus on the elementary school, but most of the session will be devoted to an open Q&A style discussion with parents. We have scheduled the event on a Japanese national holiday so that working spouses may also attend.
The second parent event is the “ES Parent Workshop Gr K-2 READING” hosted by Ms. Lang, Learning Support teacher and Ms. Brown, Grade 2 teacher. The focus for this workshop is how parents can help their young child learn to read.
Time: 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM