As explained in class, your exam on April 29 will include the following:
1) Two reading comprehension texts related to our current unit on “L’amitié”. Both texts will be unseen passages similar in difficulty to the ones we have done previously. Review of our topic and a thorough understanding of all vocabulary introduced during the course of our study are essential to preparing succesfully for your exam.
2) The second half of your exam will cover our recent study of “La Parure” by French author Guy de Maupassant. You will be expected to write an imaginary ending to the short story in the conditional tense. Reviewing your verb conjugation patterns is also recommended if you want to be successful in this writing task.
Bon courage et bonne préparation!
As explained in class, your exam on April 30 will include the following:
1) Two reading comprehension texts related to our current unit on French gastronomy and French celebrations. One text will be an unseen passage and the second one will be a prepared passage similar in difficulty to the reading comprehension task that was given recently.
2) Two writing tasks related to our topic for which you will need to practice: an invitation and a letter to a friend describing your eating habits.
How can you prepare for your exam?
Prepare the reading comprehension passage by skimming the text and checking its general meaning. Try to get a general idea of the type of text it is by looking carefully at its illustrations or photos and title and subtitles. To get a better understanding of the text, during the course of a second reading look up unknown words that you think are important.
With regards to your writing tasks, you are encouraged to make use of the Google doc. that includes all brainstorming ideas on writing an invitation. You should also read all feedback comments I have given you on your invitations, make corrections accordingly and resubmit your paragraphs.
In preparation for the second writing task, you should try to complete all exercises in your “Practice & Activity” sheets of chapter 3. Submit your work for feedback.
You should also prepare the following questions:
- Quels sont les plats que vous aimez le plus? Quand est-ce que vous les mangez?
- Décrivez un repas de famille typique. (Incluez les informations suivantes: avec qui vous mangez, où ça et à quelle heure.)
- Est-ce que vous aimez les repas de famille? Pourquoi/pourquoi pas?
- Ce week-end vous allez manger avec des amis: où aimeriez-vous aller et pourquoi?
As explained in class, your exam on May 1st will include the following:
1) A visual interpretation task related to our topic “On va au café?” entitled “La restauration rapide” (prepared)
2) A reading comprehension text related to our topic “On va au café?”(unprepared task)
3) Another reading comprehension text on leisure activities, “Les parcs d’attractions autour de Paris” (prepared)
4) A writing task on our topic “On va au café?” (for which you can prepare by reviewing all vocabulary and expressions used in a café situation.)
You are encouraged to see me if you have any questions regarding your preparation. Please practice writing dialogues at a café following the models we have written in class. Submit your dialogues for proofreading.
As explained in class, your exam on May 2nd will include the following:
1) A reading comprehension text on the use of cellphones (unprepared task)
2) A second reading comprehension task on fashion, “La mode: importante ou perte de temps” (prepared)
3) A writing task on your own use of cellphones (prepared).
You are encouraged to see me if you have any questions regarding your preparation. Please read the feedback comments I have written on your Google doc. paragraphs on cellphones, make corrections accordingly and resubmit your paragraphs.