You will produce a recorded oral presentation entitled “Je me présente”, in which you will introduce yourself, your family, your preferences, your classmates and various aspects of your personality, using a variety of adjectives learned in our unit to describe and characterize.
- To write your script, you will follow the format suggested in this document. Check your spelling with the spelling and grammar tools.
- Once your script is completed, you will work on your visual support.
Visuals can be created in PowerPoint or Keynote format. You may want to create a presentation directly in Google docs. or upload your slides to iMovie. You should also include your recorded script to either tool and synchronize your speech with your visuals.
A few tips regarding the use of visuals:
They should enhance your presentation and help your audience understand what you are presenting.
- Use images that are relevant and specific.
- Your images should be of a certain size: do not use images that are of a too low resolution, as they become pixelated when enlarged.
- Do not include too much text, only keywords or headings in a big enough font.
- Keep the background simple so as not to distract your audience from your main ideas.
- Make sure you cite your sources in your bibliography at the end of your presentation, if you are using images from the Internet.
Make your presentation dynamic by including a variety of visuals so that your whole narration is not done over one static image.
Give a convincing presentation about yourself through a lively delivery of your script and avoid reading without expression.
Practice reading your script; make sure you know how to pronounce all vocabulary fluently.
Class time : Friday October 3rd double lesson and Monday October 6th single lesson
Work at home if more time is needed.
Make sure you have either shared your recorded presentation/iMovie with me or sent it to me as an attachment by the end of the day on Wednesday October 8.
Review the requirements of the task on this Task Clarification Sheet.